People who seek a compact laser printer for printing documents often find huge difficulties in choosing between Brother HL-L2340DW and Brother HL-L2360DW. Both appear very identically to each other, yet they are priced differently. Brother HL-L2360DW is a little bit pricier than Brother HL-L2340DW. So, what are exactly the differences between Brother HL-L2360DW and Brother HL-L23 40DW? Which model should you purchase? Let us see!
Before we get into the differences, we should be aware of the key specifications and features of the two models first so that you can have a good picture of what you are going to get from them.
– Both are monochrome laser printers. They can only produce black-and-white documents. So, these printers are only viable if you don’t need color printing. Certainly not for photos!
– Both have built-in Amazon Dash Replenishment service. They will automatically order a new replacement from the Amazon whenever the toner level is low, ensuring that you will never run out of toner when you need to print.
– Both support automatic duplex printing, so you don’t need to insert a piece of paper twice in order to print on the other side of the sheet.
– Each model has a 1-line LCD screen.
– The maximum resolution is 2400 x 600 dpi.
– Each has a 250-sheet input tray, enough to handle light to medium duties.
– Brother HL-L2340DW and Brother HL-L2360DW are armed with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing them to serve wireless and mobile printing tasks. They are both compatible with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Cortado Workplace, and Brother iPrint & Scan.
Now, we will see on how Brother HL-L2340DW is different to Brother HL-L2360DW. First, Brother HL-L2360DW has a considerably faster printing speed. It has a maximum speed of 32 ppm. Meanwhile, Brother HL-L2340DW’s top speed is only 27 ppm. Second, in addition to the Wi-Fi connectivity, Brother HL-L2360DW also has an Ethernet port, which can be handy whenever you need to connect your printer to a wired network. Brother HL-L2340DW doesn’t have the feature. Both models indeed support USB connectivity as well.
Brother HL-L2340DW vs. HL-L2360DW
As the price gap is very, very marginal, you should consider getting Brother HL-L2360DW instead of Brother HL-L2340DW. The primary reason is certainly the faster printing speed. The extra port is a nifty addition that can possibly be useful.
Incoming search terms:
- What is the difference between Brother printers 2340 and 2370?